Faithful to Surrender
It's a new day. We have a choice. THE choice. We can surrender to Your will. We are invited to do this.
"If anyone wants to follow after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me." (Luke 9:23 - CSB)
Today, YouVersion's Verse of the day, Luke 16:10 (CSB), is a reminder of something else Jesus said:
"Whoever is faithful in very little is also faithful in much, and whoever is unrighteous in very little is also unrighteous in much."
Today, I want to be faithful with my power of choice. I choose to surrender to your will, Lord. Have your will and way in my life - body, soul, and spirit. As I lay down my life, I trust you to raise me to new LIFE in you. I don't understand this entirely, but I hear the clear call to deny myself, take up my cross, and follow You. Please give me the grace to be faithful in this.
"For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of me will save it. For what does it benefit someone if he gains the whole world, and yet loses or forfeits himself?" Luke 9:24-25 (CSB)
